The Duquenois-Levine field test kits for detection of Marijuana under § 19.2-188.1(B) that have been evaluated and approved by the Department of Forensic Science are accessible in the links below. Please note that the most recent version of the Virginia Register of Regulations will provide the most up-to-date list of approved field test kits.
- Approved List of Marijuana Field Tests for Detection of Marijuana Plant Material – effective July 14, 2014
- Official version is published in the Virginia Register of Regulations, Volume 30, Issue 23, page 2580
- Submission Policy for Plant Material in Simple Possession of Marijuana Cases – effective January 1, 2015
- Virginia Code §19.2-188.1(B) permits a law enforcement officer to testify as to the results of marijuana field tests in any trial for a violation of § 18.2-250.1.
- Link to Form DC-304 – Notice, Motion and Order for Chemical Analysis of Alleged Plant Material
- Frequently Asked Questions