The published lists can be viewed in the Virginia Register Online. (Volume 29, Issue 2, Page 334)
Approved Breath Test Devices
In accordance with 6VAC40-20-90 of the Regulations for Breath Alcohol Testing, and under the authority of the Code of Virginia, the following breath test devices are approved for use in conducting breath tests:
- The Intox EC/IR II with the Virginia test protocol, manufactured by Intoximeters, Inc., St. Louis, Missouri, utilizing an external printer.
Approved Supplies and Accessories
In accordance with 6VAC40-20-100 of the Regulations for Breath Alcohol Testing and under the authority of the Code of Virginia, for evidential breath test purposes, mouthpieces that, according to the manufacturer, are compatible with the specific testing device are approved as supplies for use in conducting breath tests on approved breath test devices.
Approved Preliminary Breath Test Devices
In accordance with 6VAC40-20-180 of the Regulations for Breath Alcohol Testing and under the authority of the Code of Virginia, the following devices are approved for use as preliminary breath test devices:
- The ALCO-SENSOR, ALCO-SENSOR II, ALCOSENSOR III, ALCO-SENSOR IV, ALCO-SENSOR VXL, and ALCOSENSOR FST manufactured by Intoximeters, Inc., St. Louis, Missouri.
- The CMI SD 2 and INTOXILYZER 400PA, manufactured by Lion Laboratories, Barry, United Kingdom.
- The CMI SD 5 and INTOXILYZER 500 manufactured by CMI, Inc., Owensboro, Kentucky.
- The LIFELOC PBA 3000*, LIFELOC FC10, LIFELOC FC10Plus and LIFELOC FC20, manufactured by Lifeloc Inc., Wheat Ridge, Colorado. *When used in the direct sensing mode only.
- The ALCOTEST 5510, ALCOTEST 6510, ALCOTEST 6810 and ALCOTEST 6820 manufactured by Draeger Safety Diagnostics, Inc., Durango, Colorado.
- The ALCOVISOR JUPITER, ALCOVISOR MERCURY and MARK V, manufactured by PAS Systems International, Inc., Fredericksburg, Virginia.