Procurement Services provides important support to the DFS administrative offices and scientific disciplines. Procurement arranges for the purchase of goods and services in a timely manner, at the best value, and in compliance with the Virginia Public Procurement Act (VPPA) and the applicable regulations issued by the Department of General Services (DGS), Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA), and Department of Accounts (DOA).
In addition, the Procurement staff:
- develops and administers the agency SWaM (“Small, Women- and Minority-Owned Business”) Plan to support supplier diversity initiatives;
- manages the Small Purchase Charge Card (“SPCC”) program;
- trains agency personnel on the proper and efficient use of Virginia’s online procurement system (“ eVA”) and related procurement guidelines;
- oversees surplus property disposal for the agency; and
- manages the fleet of DFS agency vehicles.