Manufacturers who would like to submit their field test kits for evaluation by DFS should initiate the process by precisely following the procedure delineated in the Virginia Register of Regulations (see below). Requests that are submitted in any other manner will not be considered.
Field test kits for detection of Marijuana (§ 19.2-188.1(B)):
- Regulations for the Approval of Marijuana Field Tests for Detection of Marijuana Plant Material (adding 6VAC40-50-10 through 6VAC40-50-80) – effective February 6, 2008
- Virginia Register of Regulations, Volume 24, Issue 9
Field test kits for detection of drugs for use in preliminary hearing (§ 19.2-188.1(A)):
- Regulations for the Approval of Field Test Kits for Detection of Drugs – effective January 3, 2014
- Virginia Register of Regulations, Volume 30, Issue 6
- Effective October 1, 2020: Final regulations can be found here.