Forensic Kits Distributed by the Department of Forensic Science
The Department provides law enforcement agencies with several forensic kits for evidence collection. Many of the kits are available for pickup at all four laboratories (Richmond, Norfolk, Manassas and Roanoke). Forensic kits are mailed only when the driving distance from the requesting agency is 2 or more hours to the laboratory that will distribute the kits. For information about receiving Marijuana Field Test kits, please visit the specific page.
Forensic kits will be mailed within 5 business days of receipt of request.
NOTE: It is common for the courier service delivering the requested kits to provide them to a law enforcement agency representative versus the individual listed on the mailing label. Therefore, if the requested kits have not been received within 10 business days of the request, please verify that the kits have not been received by a representative within your agency prior to contacting the local laboratory.
Contact Information for Distribution of Kits by Mail
To receive forensic kits, other than Marijuana Field Tests by mail, please utilize the link below for an online order form or contact the local laboratory serving your agency:
- Richmond Laboratory – 804-588-4074 (direct line)
- Norfolk Laboratory – 757-683-8327, then dial “0”
- Manassas Laboratory – 703-335-8100, then dial “0”
- Roanoke Laboratory – 540-561-6600, then dial “0”
The following information will be collected:
- Name of requesting agency representative
- Requester’s phone number
- Requester’s e-mail address
- Address where kit should be shipped
- Type of kit(s)
- Number of kits requested (the number of kits provided will depend on the average number of kits submitted by the agency to the Department of Forensic Science annually)
Types of Forensic Kits
The following kits are available for personal pickup at the Department’s Richmond, Norfolk, Manassas, and Roanoke Laboratories:
|DUI/DUID Kits – This kit is used to collect a blood sample from an individual believed to be impaired and under the influence of alcohol and/or drug(s). With these kits, the DUI/D Submission Information Sheet may be used instead of a Request for Laboratory Examination Form.|