The Physical Evidence Recovery Kit (PERK) Inventory is mandated by Senate Bill 658 (Chapter 642 of the 2014 Acts of Assembly). The form for the PERK Inventory is an Excel Spreadsheet, which can be downloaded from a link found at the bottom of the Instructions page.
Senate Bill 658 Requirements
- All state and local law enforcement agencies must inventory all PERKs in their custody that may contain biological evidence that were collected but not submitted to DFS for analysis prior to July 1, 2014
- DFS required to establish form of and timeline for inventory
- Inventories to be submitted to DFS
- DFS to report the results of the inventory to General Assembly by July 1, 2015
Timeline for Inventory
- October 2014 – Information on PERK Inventory disseminated to law enforcement
- February 1, 2015 – Deadline for law enforcement agencies to return completed forms to DFS via email at email@example.com
- July 1, 2015 – DFS submits report to GA
DFS Contact Information
- For assistance with technical questions about completing the Excel Spreadsheet form or returning completed forms to DFS, please contact Sherwood Stroble by phone at (804) 588-4060 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the PERK Inventory (e.g., whether a particular PERK was previously submitted to DFS for analysis), please contact Theresa Francis, Central Laboratory Forensic Biology Group Supervisor, by phone at (804) 588-4072 or via email at email@example.com.