Forensic Administrative Specialist III
Hourly Rate: $18.00 – $22.00/hour
Location: Richmond, VA
PART TIME – NO BENEFITS
(Average of 29 hours per week, not to exceed 1,500 hours annually)
The Department of Forensic Science (DFS) seeks a highly skilled, detail oriented Forensic Administrative Specialist III to work in the Agency Director’s Office. The selected candidate will be required to prioritize and manage work while providing administrative support to executive management staff and the Grants and Administration Program Manager. The selected candidate will be expected to maintain effective and congenial working relationships with a variety of people in a professional team environment, establish work priorities, follow written protocols and oral instructions, and independently perform routine duties. Candidates for consideration will have advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office products and an understanding of procurement practices.
Duties will include:
- Responding to and directing business related telephone calls to the appropriate person
- Providing assistance related to requests for case files using computerized tracking systems
- Serving as the agency Parking Coordinator
- Distributing and processing mail and routing official documents
- Making travel arrangements, planning meetings, and conducting routine procurement transactions
- Developing spreadsheets and entering data using Microsoft Excel
- Providing basic website support
- Creating and managing electronic surveys
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience preparing correspondence, documents, and reports in an accurate and professional manner, including proper use of grammar and punctuation
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s, Associate’s, or other post-secondary degree/certification
- Work experience using a computerized tracking system for storage and retrieval of information or data
- Experience updating and posting information in WordPress or other website development software
- Work experience in the eVA Procurement system and/or experience using a business charge card
Selected candidate(s) must successfully pass a background investigation to include a fingerprint-based criminal history check. Selected candidate(s) must provide a DNA sample via a buccal swab (saliva sample) and successfully pass a drug test. Reference checks will be conducted to include contact with current/previous supervisors.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
DFS will record information from each new employee’s Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification) into the Federal E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
Economic Interest Statement:
The selected candidate is required to file a Statement of Economic Interests form pursuant to the Code of Virginia § 2.2-3114, as a condition of employment. Additionally, the statement is to be filed annually by February 1. The selected candidate is required to complete the Statement of Economic Interest training within 60 days of employment and every two years thereafter.
Applicants must apply electronically using the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Recruitment Management System (RMS) by October 4, 2022. The RMS can be accessed using the link: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com. Contact Tracey Kazelskis at (804)588-4000 for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER