State Procurement Specialist
Procurement Officer I
Salary Range: $38,894 – $55,000
Location: Richmond, VA
*Open to State Employees Only*
The Department of Forensic Science is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Procurement Officer I for the agency’s Procurement Department. This position is responsible for procuring a broad range of materials, supplies, equipment, and services using appropriate methods of procurement, with the goal of obtaining the best quality and price in accordance with state guidelines. The candidate will solicit request quotes, issue solicitations for small dollar purchases, review, and evaluate responses to determine responsiveness, completeness and compliance and issue purchase orders. This position will also maintain and track term contracts, issue contract renewals, contract administration, and manage disposition of goods in support of the Department’s overall objective in accordance with state guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience procuring a variety of goods and services ensuring compliance with state procurement regulations
- Knowledge of and experience with the Virginia Public Procurement Act (VPPA) and Virginia government procurement policies and procedures
- Experience with eVA (the Commonwealth’s electronic procurement system)
- Working knowledge of statewide initiatives such as Small, Woman-owned, and Minority businesses (SWAM) and Small Purchase Charge Card (SPCC) program
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to communicate to internal and external customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a multifaceted professional environment, work independently with minimal supervision, as well as with a team, with flexibility to provide assistance as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration or related field; or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
- Certification as a Virginia Contract Associate (VCA)
- Certification as a Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO)
Selected candidate(s) must successfully pass a background investigation to include a fingerprint-based criminal history check. Selected candidate(s) must provide a DNA sample via a buccal swab (saliva sample) and successfully pass a drug test. Reference checks will be conducted to include contact with current/previous supervisors.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
DFS will record information from each new employee’s Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification) into the Federal E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: https://www.vadars.org/drs/cpid/PWContact.aspx, or call DARS at 800- 552-5019.
Economic Interest Statement:
The selected candidate is required to file a Statement of Economic Interests form pursuant to the Code of Virginia § 2.2-3114, as a condition of employment. Additionally, the statement is to be filed annually by February 1. The selected candidate is required to complete the Statement of Economic Interest training within 60 days of employment and every two years thereafter.
Applicants must apply electronically using the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Recruitment Management System (RMS) by July 29, 2022. The RMS can be accessed using the link: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com. Contact Tracey Kazelskis at (804) 588-4000 for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER